I remember when I was a kid my mom used to make mini pizzas using English muffins. I loved them, not only because they were delicious but also because they were the perfect size. As a kid, anything “mini” seems like it was made just for you. I now make these for my boys using gluten free English muffins, and they are no less enthusiastic about these mini pizzas than I used to be. You can play with this recipe trying all different kinds of sauces and toppings. You can even make each one different. That’s the great thing about the size – if you don’t like one, you don’t feel like you wasted the ingredients on a large pizza.
I used Food For Life Gluten Free English Muffins, which you can find at most large chain grocery stores. They are usually in the freezer section. I store mine in the refrigerator once I get them home. I just top them with pizza sauce, our favorite shredded cheese, and any other ingredients we have on hand. For this particular batch, I topped them with mushrooms and leftover slow cooker Mexican chicken. One package of these English muffins contains 6 whole muffins. I just slice in half before topping, which yields 12 mini pizzas.
For a dairy free option, try topping with Nutritional Yeast Seasoning, which is a highly nutritious powder. It has a delicious cheesy flavor and is loaded with B vitamins, protein, and fiber. For a Mexican flair, you could top with salsa, Mexican cheese blend, black beans, and avacado.
I hope you and your family enjoy these mini pizzas as much as we do. And I’d love to hear about what pizza creations you come up with!
- 1 package gluten free English muffins
- 2 jars favorite pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese*
- 2 cans sliced organic mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice English muffins in half and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly among 12 slices.
- Top each slice with shredded mozzarella cheese, chicken, and mushrooms.
- Bake for 10-12 min. or until cheese is melted.