Ladies, if “that time of month” is less than pleasant for you, then keep reading! Today’s post is full of helpful tips and products to get you through that time seamlessly.
Perhaps you, like millions of other women, suffer from the dreaded PMS – and all the unpleasant side effects it can bring with it:
The list could go on! It’s enough to make you want to run and hide under the covers for one week every month! There are, however, things we can do to lessen, and in some cases even eliminate, these monthly symptoms. Read on for ideas to naturally and effectively help balance your body.
1. Clean up Your Diet
You knew I was going to start with that one, right?! Our diet is foundational to how we feel, and it can particularly affect the delicate balance of our hormones. If our diets are full of processed foods, sugar, and unhealthy fats, it’s likely going to show up in the form of PMS each month. We can’t eat junk all month long and expect to feel great the week we are menstruating (I’m speaking to myself here!) But if we take care to eat plenty of fresh veggies and fruits, organic meats, nuts and seeds, then our bodies will respond with balance, energy, and an uneventful week of menstruation.
One of the simplest ways to start cleaning up your diet is to focus on drinking one veggie and fruit-packed smoothie every day. This one habit alone can have a dramatic impact on your health. Commit to one smoothie every day for 2 weeks, and see if you don’t feel an amazing difference in your overall health and vitality. Need some recipe ideas? Start with my Smoothie Page. Another fabulous website FULL of smoothie recipes is NutriBullet’s website, NutriLiving – I love, love, love this website!
2. Do the Right Kind of Exercise
The week before or during your period is probably not the best time to be engaging in hardcore, rigorous exercise routines. If you enjoy that and it’s working for you, by all means continue! For me, I enjoy slowing things down a bit and doing gentle exercises. Things like walking, yoga, and low impact aerobics are great for keeping up our exercise routine but are not stressful on the body. These forms of exercise can also really help to alleviate common symptoms of cramps, fatigue and depression. Don’t skip the exercise during that time of month. Just do the right kinds of exercise. Your body will thank you for it!
3. Keep Natural Remedies on Hand
When that time of month calls for a little extra support, let natural remedies be your first line of defense. You don’t want to be worried about OTC medication side effects on top of everything else. Thankfully, there are other options that are natural and effective. Here are some of my favorites:
- Deep Blue Rub -Deep Blue rub is honestly a life saver. This soothing blend is packed with Wintergreen, Camphor, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, and other oils to alleviate lower back and abdominal discomfort. It provides both a cooling and warming sensation that feels amazing! Unlike other muscle rubs, Deep Blue does not contain synthetic or toxic ingredients, so you can feel good about using it any time of the month.
- Whisper Blend for Women – The Whisper blend for women is full of beautiful, calming oils that respond to a woman’s own chemistry to create a unique scent. It contains Bergamot, which helps with anxious feelings, Ylang Ylang, which is a natural mood lifter, as well as Jasmine, which promotes feelings of joy and helps to balance moods. Unlike many other perfumes which are toxic, hormone-disrupters, Whisper provides you with a beautiful scent and a more balanced, sunnier outlook.
- Clary Calm for Women – The Clary Calm rollerball is a must for “that time of the month.” It is super convenient to use – simply roll over abdomen, lower back, ankles or bottoms of the feet for a soothing and calming effect. With Clary Sage, Lavender, Bergamot, Geranium and Vitex Leaf, this rollerball not only soothes, supports, and balances, but it also smells amazing! This is also a great blend for new moms who are looking to balance both body and emotions after baby is born. Fits perfectly in your makeup bag or purse for on-the-go support.
See Here to learn how to order these amazing products!
What are your favorite tips and natural remedies to get you through that time of the month? I’d love to hear about them!