Lately I’ve seen a number of instagram posts about adding protein powder to different recipes. I loved the idea, because added protein helps to make you feel fuller and builds lean muscle. Why else is protein important?
- It builds and repairs tissue.
- It’s used to make enzymes and hormones.
- It helps to strengthen skin, hair and nails.
- It helps balance blood sugar levels.
- It supports a healthy metabolism.
- It naturally suppresses appetite.
- It aids in liver detoxification.
It’s no wonder why protein is essential to a healthy diet!
There are a number of protein powders on the market, so it can get confusing as to which kind works best. There are plant-based protein powders (with ingredients like brown rice and pea protein), whey protein powders, and egg white protein powders. Honestly, any one of these would make an excellent addition to a healthy diet. For this recipe I used egg white protein (I also tried it with whey protein, and it was just as delicious).
Egg white protein is a great option for those looking to avoid grains and dairy. My favorite brand is Jay Robb, because it is non-GMO and packed with 24 grams of protein.
I came up with this 2-ingredient pudding, whose ingredients are known for burning fat, building lean muscle, and whittling the waist. You already know the first ingredient – protein powder. And the second? Greek Yogurt!
Greek yogurt is so healthy for a number of reasons. Check out just a few:
- It’s loaded with protein.
- It’s full of healthy probiotics (essential for anyone trying to lose belly fat).
- It’s a great source of calcium.
- It’s full of vitamin B12.
- It keeps you full.
Look for plain, unflavored Greek yogurt as the flavored kinds are full of sugar or artificial sweeteners. You also want to make sure it contains live, active cultures. My favorite brand is Fage. You can find it at most grocery stores.
These 2 ingredients mixed together make the perfect “pudding” base to add fruit, nuts or other healthy toppings. The egg white protein powder really makes the Greek yogurt have a cheesecake-like flavor.
Hopefully this super easy, waist-whittling pudding will become a new favorite for a healthy breakfast, snack or dessert! And it will keep you full for hours. Yum!
- -1 cup plain Greek yogurt (preferably 2%)
- -1 packet or scoop of flavored egg white or whey protein powder*
- Mix together until well combined. Top with favorite healthy toppings like fruit, nuts, seeds, etc.