Christmas is my favorite time to get in the kitchen and make all kinds of goodies. Cookies, pastries, bars, and any other kind of treat are part and parcel of the holiday season!
I’m excited to share with you a recipe I know you’ll love. It’s another one of those that was concocted with ingredients that I had on hand, and it was so popular, I had to write it down and make it again. This is the perfect recipe to take with you to all those Christmas parties and festivities. And it couldn’t be easier! These decadent truffles require only a few ingredients and no bake time, making them perfect for this busy time of year.
The dates provide delicious sweetness as well as a good dose of potassium, magnesium, and fiber. The sunflower butter and coconut provide some healthy fat, and the brown rice crisp cereal provides a wonderful crunch.
Just place the dates, coconut, and sunflower seed butter into a food processor, and pulse until a course “dough” is created.
Next, pour into a bowl and add the brown rice crisp cereal, and stir until well blended. Form into rounded balls and place to the side.
Heat the chocolate chips in a pan over low heat on the stove until melted. Dip each ball into the chocolate and coat it well. Place on pan covered with parchment paper. Sprinkle with flaked sea salt and place in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before serving.
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- ¼ cup sunflower seed butter (or favorite nut butter)
- ½ cup crisp rice cereal
- ½ - ¾ cup chocolate chips, melted
- flaked sea salt
- Combine dates, coconut, and nut butter into a food processor and pulse until a "dough" has formed.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the crisp rice cereal. Stir until well blended.
- Roll into medium size balls (about 15) and set aside.
- Melt chocolate on low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir until smooth.
- Roll each ball into the chocolate, and coat well. Place on pan lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with flaked sea salt and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
You’ll be the hit at your next gathering, because you brought something absolutely delicious and nutritious!