This post contains affiliate links. Please see my D&D policy.
I’ve always loved the combination of chocolate and mint.
It’s rich and creamy as well as refreshing.
My Paleo Peppermint Fudge is a delicious treat after dinner or for a midday snack.
And it fits the bill for anyone in your home who has food allergies – it’s nut free, grain-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free!
Don’t worry…it’s still delicious 😉
I just combine all my ingredients on the stove (except for the peppermint oil) over low heat until well combined. Then I add about 4 drops of Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Peppermint Oil and continue stirring.
Once everything is well combined, I love to add the fudge mixture to mini paper muffin cups. These pink petal muffin cups are adorable and perfect for any spring brunch or party! The small size makes them the perfect “finger food” dessert.
Then just pop them in the freezer for about 30 minutes and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
They have just 5 simple, wholesome ingredients:
- Raw Cacao Powder – Full of magnesium, calcium, and iron; it also has 40 times the antioxidants of blueberries!
- SunButter – a great alternative to peanut butter and allergen-friendly
- Maple Syrup – Unlike processed sugar, it is higher in vitamins and minerals and lower on the glycemic index! Grade B is preferable as it’s less processed and contains even more vitamins and minerals than Grade A.
- Coconut Oil – A healthy, medium chain fatty acid (MCFA), so it’s a healthy source of fat that has numerous benefits to the body!
- Peppermint Essential Oil – Promotes digestive health; refreshing and uplifting!
It’s hard to believe that a recipe so healthy could taste so amazing! These have become a staple dessert in our house, and I feel good about feeding them to my family.
- ½ cup Sunflower seed butter*
- 2 heaping Tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1½ Tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 3 - 4 drops Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Peppermint Oil**
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a pan on the stove over low heat and stir until melted and well combined. Slowly sprinkle cacao powder and continue stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and add peppermint oil.
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
**I use doTERRA essential oils.