We’ve talked before about how important it is to get moving. Exercise is essential to our overall health and well-being. There are so many different forms of exercise you can do to stay fit and healthy. Walking/jogging, gym memberships, and workout classes are all excellent ways to get moving.
Another one of my favorite options for working out is Youtube. There are literally hundreds of workouts available on Youtube with some of the best instructors in the industry. And you can do them rain or shine. So, I thought it would be fun to post the workouts I plan on doing each week (with options for beginners) for a few weeks.
I’ll call these weekly plans, “Motivation Mondays”. I’ll try to let you know how the week went with “Follow-Up Fridays”. I’ll also try to include other areas for motivation, like healthy menu planning, recipes to try, goals to accomplish, etc. I really want this to be an opportunity to interact with one another in the comments as well. Let’s encourage each other to live the healthiest, happiest lives possible!
Whether you’re new to exercising or have been working out for years, these workouts can be done in the comfort and privacy of your home (and on your own schedule too!). So, no excuses! Yes, I’m talking to myself 🙂
If you’re new to exercise, it’s important to start slow. Don’t expect to do a high intensity workout on your first try. You have to build up your strength and endurance. The following videos are low impact, but will get your blood pumping and your muscles moving. Try to do at least 3 workout sessions each week.
- Day 1 – Leslie Sansone 1 Mile in Home Walk: Leslie is the queen of in home walking workouts! In only 15 minutes, you’ll have walked a mile.
- Day 2 – Denise Austine Cardio Strength Walk: Another 15 minute walk but she uses light weights. This will help boost your metabolism even more than walking alone.
- Day 3 – Jane Fonda’s Walking Cardio Level 1: This workout is geared for those who are fifty and older or those who are new to exercise. It is about 30 minutes, so it’s a good one to move up to after you’ve mastered the 15 minute walks.
- Day 4 – Jane Fonda’s Walking Cardio Level 2: Another 30 minute workout, slightly more intense than level 1.
If you’ve been exercising a while and are ready to increase your strength and endurance, these workouts are for you. They are more intense than the beginner workouts. And don’t let the shorter videos fool you – they pack a lot of intensity into a short amount of time!
- Day 1 – 30 Day Fat Burn Cardio Crush Workout: A high intensity 10 minute video that works the whole body! There are a number of videos in the 30 Day Fat Burn series (they’re all great!), and you can download their workout calendar here.
- Day 2 – Cardio Pilates Workout: This workout combines cardio, strength, and pilates to work the entire body.
- Day 3 – Legs on Fire Workout and Standing Abs Workout: Combine these two for a 30 minute workout that will burn calories and shape thighs, glutes, and abs.
- Day 4 – 30 Minute Power Walk: This is a more intense indoor walk than those for beginners. Great for days when you want a low impact workout.
Try any combination of these workouts 3-4 times per week, and you will burn fat, sculpt muscle, and lose weight. I plan on doing the 4 videos in the Intermediate section this week. I’d love to hear what y’all try and what you think of them! Let me know which ones are your favorites.
Lord willing, next Monday I’ll post another week’s worth of workouts that will target different muscles. I’ll also try to include some stretching videos as well. Happy exercising!
Click the link to download the workouts for this week. When you click on each day’s workout, it will take you directly to the workout on Youtube! YouTube Workouts Week 1.