This smoothie recipe couldn’t be simpler, and it’s loaded with nutrition. I used my Nutribullet with this recipe, and it was creamy and delicious! I used:
- Plain Greek Yogurt – for a boost of protein and calcium.
- Frozen kale – for the vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants
- Frozen strawberries – for their vitamin c and lycopene
- Banana- for the fiber, potassium, and sweetness
- Chia seeds – for their omega 3 fats and fiber
- Unsweetened Chocolate Almond Milk – for the calcium and protein
Even my picky youngest son loved this smoothie. You’d never know their was any green, leafy vegetable in this, because it tastes like a chocolate milk shake! But it’s loaded with nutrients to energize your body.
- 1 cup Plain greek yogurt (for dairy-free option, try coconut milk yogurt or vegan protein powder)
- ½ cup Fresh or frozen kale
- ¼ cup Frozen strawberries
- 1 Banana
- 2 T. Chia seeds
- 1 cup Unsweetened chocolate almond milk
- Place ingredients in order listed in blender.
- Blend on high for about 30 seconds.
- Add more almond milk if too thick.