Y’all, these Power Trim Bites are SOOO good! I’m calling them Power Trim Bites because they help give you sustained energy while keeping your figure trim and sleek.
They are full of protein, slow-burning carbs, healthy fat, and a secret fat-burning ingredient. They are also free of refined sugars, making them an ideal snack or treat any time of day. And the fact that they taste so good is an added bonus! These did not last long in our house (yes, they are kid-approved!).
They’re also gluten-free and can be tweaked to be made Paleo or Vegan-friendly.
Ok, so what is in these bites of goodness?
First, I used SunButter, my favorite nut-butter substitute (it’s sunflower seed butter). This is perfect for those who have nut allergies or just want to change things up a bit. I used the kind with no sugar added, so I could control the amount of sweetness I put in. This provides a dose of healthy fat, which helps to keep you satisfied.
To add a touch of sweetness, I added a small amount of pure, organic maple syrup. This is a great sweetener, because it has not been processed and still contains vitamins and minerals. To make it completely sugar-free, you can substitute the maple syrup with liquid or powdered stevia.
Next, I added gluten-free, old-fashioned rolled oats. Oats are a great source of fiber and slow-burning carbohydrates (meaning they won’t spike your blood sugar). Fiber is super important because it helps to regulate blood sugar, whisk away “debris” in our colons, and helps to maintain healthy weight. If you’re looking to avoid grains in your diet, you can substitute with flaked coconut or almond flour instead (though the consistency may be a bit different).
And for the most important ingredient of all – my secret, fat-burning ingredient – I used doTERRA’s Trim Shake protein powder. This is hands-down my favorite protein powder for several reasons:
- It contains whey protein, which studies show helps to boost glutathione levels in the body. Glutathione is a combination of amino acids that helps to detoxify the liver, which in turn, helps you burn more fat. If you want to read more about the amazing benefits of glutathione, check out this article.
- It also contains the herb, ashwaganda (you can read more about this incredible herb here), which helps manage the release of the stress hormone cortisol, which is associated with the accumulation of fat, particularly around the stomach, hips, and thighs.
- May help control stress-induced appetite, overeating, and carbohydrate cravings.
- May help support blood sugar levels already in the normal range and enhance energy levels while helping to alleviate fatigue commonly associated with dieting and exercise.
- It’s the best tasting protein powder I’ve ever tried!
That’s a lot of goodness from a protein powder! And you get all that goodness by adding this incredible ingredient to these delicious bites!
Try making up a big batch for the week (recipe easily doubles) and store in the fridge for a healthy, ready-made snack or post-workout treat! I hope you give these Power Trim Bites a try and love them!
You can also easily make this recipe into bars! Simply place dough on sheet of parchment paper, top with another sheet of parchment paper, and roll dough flat until it’s about 1/4 inch thick. Trim edges, and slice into bars.
- ½ c. Sunflower Seed Butter (I use SunButter)
- ¼ c. Pure Maple Syrup*
- 2 Scoops doTERRA Trim Shake (I used Vanilla)*
- 1-1/2 c. Gluten-free, Old-fashioned rolled Oats*
- pinch of Sea Salt
- splash of unsweetened almond milk (optional if dough is too dry)
- Stir together the Sunbutter and Maple Syrup until well mixed. Add Trim Shake, Oats, and Sea Salt and stir until well-combined. Stir in desired add-in ingredients. If "dough" is too dry, add a splash of almond milk and stir well until dough is moistened. Roll into balls or roll flat into bars between 2 pieces of parchment paper. Freeze for 30 min. before serving. Store in airtight container in freezer.
*doTERRA also makes a Vegan version of their Trim Shake.
*For a grain-free version, substitute the rolled oats with 1 cup flaked coconut or almond flour (consistency may be different).
*For Add-ins and Variations, try: ¼ c. mini chocolate chips + ¼ t. vanilla extract OR ¼ c. raisins + ¼ t. cinnamon OR ¼ c. unsweetened dried cranberries + ¼ t. cinnamon