Baked potatoes are one of my favorite quick and easy meals to make. And my favorite way to make them is in the crockpot!
This recipe is perfect for an easy weeknight meal. All you need to do is scrub some baking potatoes, poke holes in them (to let steam out while they bake), drizzle a little olive oil or coconut oil, sprinkle a little sea salt over them, and place them in the crockpot on high for about 6-8 hours. When they are done, you have perfectly baked potatoes ready to load up with your favorite toppings.
Here are a few of our favorite toppings:
- organic butter
- organic raw cheddar
- rotisserie chicken
- ground turkey or beef (that has been seasoned with taco seasoning)
- cultured sour cream or cultured cream cheese (I love to mix these with dry ranch mix for a yummy, cultured ranch dip)
- caramelized onions
- sautéed peppers
- chopped green onions
The list of toppings is endless!
And if I have any leftover potatoes (which is rare in my house with two growing boys! 😜), I dice the potatoes and sauté them to make home fries, which are great to have with scrambled eggs and sausage.
- 5-6 Organic Russet or Idaho potatoes (Yukon gold work well too, they probably just won't need as much baking time)
- 1-2 T. Olive oil or Coconut oil
- Sea Salt
- Scrub potatoes well, then dry.
- Place baking potatoes in greased crockpot and drizzle with oil and sea salt. Bake on high for about 6-8 hours (depending on crockpot) or until you can easily insert knife into them.
What are you favorite toppings for baked potatoes?