Did you know that the recommended daily dose of fruits and vegetables is anywhere from 5 to 10 servings? We all know that we should eat more fruits and veggies to create optimal health in our bodies, but it can be tough! And let’s face it, sometimes vegetables taste bland and boring.
That’s what makes fast food so attractive to people. It’s convenient, it tastes good, and it’s already made for you. With our fast-paced lives, we just want something that is ready-to-go when we are ready-to-eat!
That is why I have been so excited to discover Daily Harvest. Daily Harvest provides 100% plant-based and vegan meals that are pre-made and ready-to-go. All the produce is organic and there are no preservatives. All items come frozen, ready to be stored in your freezer until you are ready to eat.
Here are some of the delicious foods they carry:
- Harvest Bowls
- Oat Bowls
- Chia Bowls
- Scoops (Plant-based alternative to ice-cream that is absolutely delicious!)
So far, my favorites have been the Smoothies (Blueberry & Hemp and Watermelon & Dragonfruit are delish), Flatbreads (I love the Spinach & Artichoke), Oatbowls (the Mulberry & Dragonfruit tastes like a delicious cobbler), Scoops (the Strawberry & Rippled Berry Compote tastes like decadent ice-cream), and Bites (the Cacao Nib & Vanilla tastes like cookie dough). The Harvest Bowls and Soups make great lunches or dinners and the Flatbreads will cure your craving for pizza (while giving your body a healthy dose of plant-based nutrients).
They have a subscription plan that is extremely flexible. You can create your own box or have them create one for you. You can order once a month or once a week.
They ship the items to you over dry ice, so they arrive frozen (which is crazy!). The only thing you’ll need is either coconut water or almond or coconut milk for the smoothies (or you can just use water). Other than that, everything is already prepared and ready to be enjoyed whenever you are!
Here are my final thoughts and why I love Daily Harvest:
- It’s convenient
- I am getting WAY more fruits and vegetables into my diet
- Their food is delicious! (I wouldn’t keep ordering if it wasn’t)
- It’s saving me a ton of time in the kitchen
- Everything is pre-made and ready to go
- I have felt so much healthier and energetic since I started eating their food
- Many of their foods contain superfoods and other exotic ingredients that I wouldn’t necessarily try on my own or readily find in a grocery store (but they are superstar ingredients when it comes to your health!)
- It’s more economical (by the time I purchase, prep, and make all the different recipes that I am getting from them, it would cost a lot more – both in time and money)
- They have extremely flexible plans that let you order according to your needs and budget
And you don’t have to be a vegan to benefit from Daily Harvest! It really is for anyone who is looking to increase the amount of fruits, vegetables, and superfoods in their diet. If you don’t know where to start, their smoothies are a great place! So many to choose from, and they are chock full of incredibly healthy ingredients.
If you want to give them a try and get $25 OFF your first box, use the coupon code below at checkout!