I liked to be liked. Honestly, I don’t know anyone who doesn’t.
I became even more aware of this fact when I entered the online world of blogging and social media.
I would post a picture or an article and keep my fingers crossed that it would get clicks, shares, and of course, likes.
When it didn’t, or when it didn’t get nearly as many “likes” as another blogger or Facebook friend, I would struggle with feelings of rejection and isolation. Why don’t they “like” me?
This happens outside of social media as well. We may not feel liked by as many people as we would like, and feelings of inadequacy begin to creep in. There are things that we can do to foster genuine, sweet friendships, but at the end of the day, there may still be people who don’t like us or the work we put forward.
And as a child of God, that’s okay.
Because we have something much, much better.
We have the everlasting love of Jesus Christ.
And let’s face it – the “likes” we get from others are temporal. They’ve quickly moved on to the next thing and forgotten about us.
But God’s love endures forever.
Let His love so fill your heart that you won’t need to look to anyone else’s “likes” to satisfy you.
Encourage your heart today with the truth of God’s Word:
- “I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you.” Jeremiah 31:3
- “Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good, for his steadfast love endures forever.” Psalm 136
- “The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.” Zephaniah 3:17
- “But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness.” Psalm 86:15
- “See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are.” 1 John 3:1
Do you know you are loved today? Replace the fickle and fleeting “likes” of the world with the faithful and forever love of the Savior.