If you like coffee, then you’re in the right place! Today I have a delicious and super-simple recipe that will make your morning coffee taste extra special. And thanks to just 3 simple and whole ingredients, it’s a much healthier alternative to most powdered coffee creamers you find at the grocery store.
Check out the list of ingredients that you’ll find in the big name brands of powdered coffee creamers:
- corn syrup solids
- partially hydrogenated coconut or palm kernel
- hydrogenated soybean
- dipotassium phosphate
- mono and diglycerides
- sodium aluminosilicate (aluminum!)
- artificial flavor and color
That’s quite a mouthful! And the scary thing is, I used to put this “stuff” in my coffee all the time when I was younger. Thankfully, I’ve seen the light and found a much healthier way to drink my coffee.
If you enjoy having your coffee creamy, there are several healthier options.
- organic half n’ half or cream
- coconut milk or coconut milk creamer
- almond milk or almond milk creamer
- my healthy coffee creamer recipe
All of these are a delicious, much healthier upgrade to non-organic creamers and chemical-laden powders. My Healthy Coffee Creamer is easy and quick to assemble. Just gather all your ingredients and pour into a glass storage jar or bowl.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can adjust the ingredients to fit your taste. Don’t like it that sweet? Cut back on the coconut sugar and add more milk.
- 1 c. non-fat dry milk powder (preferably organic)*
- ½ c. coconut palm sugar
- ¼ - ½ t. ground cinnamon (depending on taste)
- Pour all ingredients into a glass, airtight container and shake well. Use 1 - 2 tablespoons in your coffee.
How do you drink your coffee?