This recipe is perfect for a make-ahead breakfast or snack. These bites are full of healthy fat and protein and slow releasing carbohydrates. They are not super sweet, but the chocolate chips give them just enough sweetness and some crunch. If you want to add more sweetness, you could add several drops of stevia or 1 tablespoon of maple syrup. I’m trying to readjust my taste buds to less sweet treats (yes, I have a sweet tooth and am trying to quit sugar!)
These are great with a cup of coffee in the morning, after a workout, or for an afternoon or evening snack with a cup of tea. One bite is very filling and will keep your blood sugar steady in between meals.
Just place almond butter, rolled oats, protein powder, and sea salt into a food processor and pulse until crumbly (mixture will be dry). Add several splashes of almond milk and continue to pulse until the consistency is more “dough” like.
Transfer to a bowl and add the chocolate chips, stirring to combine. Roll into balls and store in airtight container in refrigerator.
- ½ c. almond butter
- ½ c. gluten free rolled oats
- 2 scoops of brown rice protein powder
- pinch of seasalt
- splash of almond milk
- ¼ c. chocolate chips
- Place almond butter, rolled oats, protein powder, and sea salt into a food processor.
- Pulse until it become a course meal.
- Slowly add a little bit of almond milk and continue to pulse until it forms a "dough" consistency, being careful not to add too much.
- Transfer to a glass mixing bowl and add chocolate chips, stirring until combined.
- Form into 14 balls.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 3 days in airtight container.